You guessed it right – it’s time for another Questions & Answers blog post! The 28th time, to be precise! Yes, this series has become very popular and I’m very happy about that as with the help of these blog posts I can cover a great range of smaller topics, which I wouldn’t be able to do standalone posts on.
So keep sending in your questions via the contact form on this page. Remember, my goal is to reach the 50th post in this series by the end of the year, so let’s keep it going!
Today we’ll cover the following questions:
- Which business type to select when opening a new eBay business account?
- What to do when shipping costs are DOUBLE what you pay for the actual products?
- Is it still possible to make money on eBay in 2015?
- How to increase an eBay selling limit of 5 items per month?
- What is the best way to automate eBay order processing?
- How to handle a large volume of customer support requests?
Without further ado, let’s get started!
When opening a business account, it asks me about business type – manufacturer, retailer, charity, wholesaler, distributor, broker, jobber, market trader, dealer or other…as a sole trader who plans to import from China, should I select the other category?
And business entity type – plc, ltd, partner, sole proprietor, charity, foundation and other? What would this be?
If my listings are more private nature, should I just use my name for my business name? Could I change this with eBay and HMRC if I think of a name later? What exactly is a private seller?
Thank you for your help. I’m just worrying about these registration details but after that I am ready to begin!
Thanks for your email.
You’ll be okay if you select Retailer from the list of business types. Other will also work, as it doesn’t really matter that much what you select there.
Business type – sole proprietor (as it’s same as Sole Trader). [Read more…]