No, I’m afraid it’s NOT Friday yet!
Just a slight change this week as I’m taking a small weekend break with my family, so this week’s Questions and Answers post is a bit earlier than usual.
Today we’ll cover the following questions:
- How to determine a price when selling your eBay business?
- When is it a good time to open an eBay Shop?
- Do VAT & import duty apply to imports from the USA?
- Can you claim import duty back?
- How much does insurance cost when importing via sea freight?
- Do you need a registered business to start buying from Alibaba?
- What to do with broken rental Blu-rays planned for re-sale?
- Is it okay to buy and re-sell Sky remote controllers on eBay?
- How to find out which type/design/style of product sells best?
Let’s get started!
I have an unusual question.
I have a small eBay business and am wondering, if I want to sell it, how do I determine the selling price?
Based on turnover, profit?
It is nothing huge, but has been bringing in regular revenue every month for 2 years now.
Thanks in advance.
First thing you should do is research similar business that have been sold on Flippa.com so you can get a better idea of what kind of price to expect.
eBay businesses in general are very risky sales so you can’t expect much. A normal price would be in the region of 10-12 months’ net profit, best case would be 20-24 months’ net profit. So for example, if you make £1000 net profit per month, the selling price of the business could be anything between £10k-£24k. [Read more…]