I have been very lazy with blog posts for the last three months, but there has been a good reason for that! In August, September, October and November, I invested hundreds of hours into updating my Amazon Sharks video course for 2020! And I’m happy to announce that I have finally finished work on the course update!
This means just two things:
- Amazon Sharks now is fully updated for 2020 to include the latest changes and rules on Amazon selling, advertising, sourcing, etc.
- I will have more time to put out content on this blog.
The Amazon Sharks course was created early in 2018, and it’s not that the content has become outdated, but recently there have been a few major changes on the platform that have required me to update dozens of videos in the course, such as:
- Amazon changed the visual look of the seller dashboard. The functionality has remained pretty much the same, with the addition of a few new tools, but the redesign simply made my original videos look old.
- Jungle Scout totally revamped their look and the functionality of many of their web app tools. This was a major change that had to be reflected in my videos—no questions about that. The Jump Send merge and the new keyword tool, among others, changed the way my workflow looks, so without question, I had to update and change these videos.
- Alibaba changed their visual look and some of their functionality, so I had to redo all the sourcing videos, too.
- Amazon introduced new bidding strategies and settings/options for advertising campaigns, which I absolutely had to cover in the course.
Most of these changes happened just recently (in the Autumn of 2019), so, luckily, I didn’t do this major work during the summer, as then I would have to redo videos once again, ouch! And there have been some last-minute changes, too. For example, Amazon is now starting to show the Search Term report directly in the web interface, which is great news as sellers won’t have to deal with spreadsheets anymore!
I have also added some brand-new videos in the members area that cover topics like custom product packaging (in great detail), the Early Reviewer Program, product placement ads, the inventory performance index and more!
All in all, I was working three to four hours each day on the course update for the last four months, and I’m so happy that I have finally finished it! I’m even more excited that I can now finally spend more time writing material for this blog, getting more involved with our Facebook group, and just helping out other people who want to get into the Amazon FBA game.
Most people don’t realise how much work goes into creating and maintaining a course, as well as supporting students. They think that I’m just selling the course and making tons of money from it without too much work.
Actually, I spend hours every day answering customer emails, helping them with problems and questions, as well as responding to blog comments, Facebook messages and emails. It really does take a lot of time and mental energy to keep up with it all! Sometimes my actual business suffers because of this, because when I finish with all these tasks, I’m already drained.
Anyways, this is a very happy day for me, and I’m really looking forward to helping as many people as possible to start and grow their Amazon FBA businesses in 2020 and beyond!
As you have noticed from my latest blog posts, I’m a huge fan of EU marketplaces right now. I will continue pushing that message throughout the next year, as I do believe that most Amazon UK sellers are leaving lots of money on the table by not expanding internationally. Of course, we’ll have to see how Brexit will change Amazon’s FBA programs, but I will keep you updated on that as well.
Going back to the Amazon Sharks course: I have decided to not change the pricing or availability schedule for the next year. The program still costs £990. You can choose to pay that amount upfront and access ALL videos from day one OR use the weekly payment plan where you pay just £99 a week for 10 weeks and get access to one new course module every week.
Just like before, I will continue to cap the new members number to five per week. This keeps support requests at manageable levels and does not overexpose Amazon Sharks members to too much competition.
Lastly, if you are already a member, then, as promised, all future course updates are FREE! So, you will get the 2020 edition updates for no extra cost. All you have to do is log into your members area and start watching the videos.
It’s December now, so very soon we’ll have our yearly blog readers contest for a chance to win HUNDREDS of £££ in Amazon gift cards! Stay tuned for that and more new content on a daily basis.
Thanks for all your support! I really appreciate it.